Thank you to Keeping It Real for the opportunity to participate in the Really Crafty Link Party #72 with my Flip Flops Family Wreathe. This was so fun and easy to make!
- 3 pairs of cheap flip flops (I chose one pair for each member of our family; these were 98 cents each at Walmart)
- flower embellishments ($1 bin at Michaels)
- white wooden letter for your last name (Michaels)
- hot glue
- glue all flowers to shoes and letter
- glue shoes together along the edges that touch
- glue letter to middle pair
- glue ribbon to back of middle pair
- reinforce ribbon with electrical or packing tape
- hang and enjoy!
- Hint: if you have a peep hole, try to measure the ribbon so that you can still see through some part of the wreathe
Or buy one from Oh BaBee! Originals. I would love to make one for you.
Thanks to Keeping It Real for always having such great, really crafty parties! Today, I’m partying with Mikaya (age 13) and Samantha (age 2). Mikaya asked for pink, white, and black Hello Kitty letters to hang in her room. I used 9″ wood letters, Hello Kitty ribbon and embellishments, up-cycled pink and black tulle, and tons of love!
Samantha’s Grandma and Mom asked for ladybugs and bright, bold colors. I used red polka dot ribbon, ladybug embellishments, yellow, green, and red paper and card stock, all assembled in a re-purposed black frame.
Both pieces were delivered yesterday to happy, smiling customers!
Please visit the Artist page of this website to see more of my work from Oh BaBee! Originals.
Busy bees and busy hands are at work today for a Teacher Appreciation event coming up next week. I will be presenting the divisions of my business, Shanti Mom For One: Author, Artist, Educator.
Thank you to Keeping it Real and her Really Crafty Link Party for allowing me to share my progress. These will be clothes pin magnets for teachers to use in their classroom. The attached note will say:
“Thanks for bee-ing you!”
I went through a couple of failures before ending up with the right combination of pieces, colors, and materials. These are made with:
- clothes pins
- black paint
- black pipe cleaners
- yellow puff balls
- yellow and glittered black felt
- googly eyes
- yellow and white striped straws
Still 6 bees to make and then they will all be attached to the clothes pins and magnets. Just a small token of appreciation and an example of my mixed media art work done through Oh BaBee! Originals.